Thursday, December 8, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Good morning!  Today's card is a birthday card for a dear friend of mine from highschool.  We live many, many miles apart, but stay connected by sending cards and chatting on Facebook.   I found a couple of challenges to help me with my mojo and I think I nailed it!    I am participating in my first challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I took a little bit of liberty with the sketch, but I think it works.  



The second challenge that I'm entering the card in is for Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Their challenge this week is a color challenge using Blushing Bride, Real Red, Pool Party, and Pear Pizzazz.  




Here is my creation: 






Card Ingredients:

CS:  Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Pool Party, Shimmery White
Ink:  Pool Party, Blushing Bride (marker)
Stamp Set:  Swirls and Curls Verses
Accessories:  Lattice Embossing Folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Subtle Designer Button, White Embroidery Floss, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

If you have any questions about my card, please email me at Josee4@aol.com.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!

~ Angie

12 comments:

  1. What a fun card!!! I love it. There is so much texture and all of the circles are so pleasing to the eye. I really like how you incorporated all of the colors into the layout. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the fun colors you chose, the texture and the way you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and bold and bright! The texture is a great finishing touch! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colours, what a fun card. I love your take on this sketch :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you changed up the sketch with circles! They look great! And the colors are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun take on the sketch and of course the colours are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the clean and quick look of it. Great way to use lots of colors! So glad you played with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this clean style and your bold graphic design - the texture is super!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you interpreted the sketch!! What a fabulous design! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout! You did a great job with the challenge. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this! I love the simplicity of the design and the texture! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete