Thursday, April 22, 2010

Decorative Tiles









I've been wanting to try my hand at creating decorative tiles for many months. I've seen them on Kimberly Van Diepen's blog, Stampin' by the Sea, and my BFF, Tina, made one for me as a Post-It note holder. Kimberly used a stencil, craft ink, and clear embossing powder. I decided to try StazOn ink. Wednesday was Administrative Professional's Day so I decided that this would be the perfect week to give it a try. I have 10 co-workers and this will be a perfect gift for them!

Here are the project ingredients:

Ink: StazOn - Timber Brown and Olive Green

Stamp Sets: Dreams du Jour, Upsy Daisy, Inspired by Nature, Sense of Time

Accessories: 6 x 6 ceramic tile, StazOn All Purpose Cleaner (to clean stamps), sponge daubers, plate stand

StazOn is the required type of ink to use on ceramic tiles. It is a fast drying solvent ink. You can also use it on plastic, metal, glass, laminated paper, and leather. It dries in 3 - 5 minutes on non-porous surfaces. Stampin' Up sells black and white. I purchased my colored StazOn ink pads from Hobby Lobby. This really was an easy project - the most difficult part was making sure I stamped straight down on the tile so the images would not smear.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and thanks for stopping by!



Angie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I popped over to check yours out and think I recognize these tiles from Stampin Connection. These are Fabulous! I love making them and may have to try these designs. TFS.

    ReplyDelete